Sunday, May 07, 2006

Election 06

Considering that this was not my first time voting, the elections'06 sure has been interesting. Maybe because so many of my friends were voting this time(I think the last round most of the east side were walkovers). Maybe because I attended an opposition rally for the first time and listened to Sylvia Lim and Low Thia Khiang charm my pants off? Maybe because Joo Chiat's opposition this year was more credible than the last? Maybe it all just helped to take my mind off work.

At the end of the day all calm was restored, no change in seats. PAP 82 Opp 2. I actually stayed till 1am watching the live results show last night. I'm glad Hougang and PP remained with the opposition. I honestly thought Aljunied could've been won by WP, and I thought the suicide squad in AMK did spectacularly in the PM's own turf. I mean that's 1 in 3 people in AMK that voted the WP. All said, at least now we know there won't be pandemonium when markets open tomorrow morning. Probably gonna cheong past 2650 tomorrow early hours.

Haiz, gotta wait another 5 more years to go to another opposition rally. Haha.

Have finally booked a holiday with the dear. Been planning for an extended holiday trip of the year and at least its finally settled. Going to Phuket and Bangkok. The interesting part is that we're flying to Phuket by Tiger, Phuket to Bangkok by AirAsia, and back from Bangkok by Jetstar. Talk about trying all the budget carriers in one single trip. Considering that airfare is dirt cheap, I think its gonna be a pretty exciting trip. Will post a review of the three flights when we're back.

Will be diving in Phuket. Didn't realise it's ranked as one of the top 10 dive spots in the world. Probably around Koh Phi Phi and the east side of the island lah. Hopefully things won't be too expensive. Then gonna shop till I drop in Bangkok.

Sa-bai sa-bai...

Seems like its gonna be a slow month for me at work, what with the many public holidays, elections, school holidays. Rather looking forward to the huge break in June already.

OK, so much for an update, gonna go watch TV...

No comments:

Post a Comment