Saturday, August 23, 2014

ACL Rehab Day #54

Quicker than usual progress update primarily because there has been a knee flare-up. There is large swelling above the knee but there is no pain whatsoever. Feeling is of tightness and pulling of skin.

It's quite disappointing because I felt really good just a few days before.

Tuesday I had a strenuous physio that worked on several new exercises especially for the hamstring. Afterthat everything was alright.

Wednesday I felt the aches around my thighs and calf muscles which was really good because I haven't felt them for months. However, at night the swelling began. ROM reduced drastically to around 60deg.

Thursday I had an early 2hr flight and I think that made it bad. Turned into a watermelon the rest of the day. Spent a lot of time icing and elevating. At night the swelling gets worse. ROM was almost a bad 90deg.

Friday was all of the same. Periodically ice and elevate plus extend rest on bed, coupled with early night rest.

Today the swelling has gone down somewhat. ROM still restricted to around 60deg. Flight to catch in evening.

Hope to get well soon and continue with my exercise progress. Mindful not to work knee too hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment