Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Hello 2017, Goodbye 2016!

Another year gone by so quickly. Wow. I can't believe it. It is true that the older you get the faster time flies.

It hasn't been a bad year. And it hasn't been a really good year either. Just so-so I guess.

I seem to have a very bad problem with my memory and it is turning chronic. All I can do is blog more often in the hope that one day when I am old and senile, I can use the contents of my blogs to help me remember my glorious past. How sad and morbid that is.

In any case, in continuing with traditions, let's try to review whether I achieved last year's resolutions.

Here was last year's review.

And here were my 2016 resolutions.

The review:

1) Have 6 Month's Pay In Cold, Hard Cash FAILED
I won't consider this a bad failure, primarily because I managed to amass a far better amount of savings compared to last year, but have poured it into investments instead. Yet it would be nice to have such a warchest in place. Something to consider for the 2017 Resolutions.

2) Achieve $500/mth Dividend Income Stream FAILED
Again another failure. There has been a diversion in my own investment strategies. And passive income is not top of the priority list.

3) Exercise Twice A Week FAILED
This was an utter failure. From the weekend football and one-a-week jogs, it became none at all. Things are now so bad that if I do not manage my high cholesterol levels, I will likely have to go on medication soon. Time to make a serious effort to start exercising.

4) Score One Big Positive Life Achievement FAILED
This one is tougher to guestimate and decide. I honestly didn't achieve any very significant life achievements other than to survive another year. I failed my CAIA Level I exams in March. Then again we got a new car, which hasn't been the smoothest sailing as yet. A lot of little wins here and there, but nothing super significant. Still waiting to run my first marathon. Haha.

5) Less Online Games, More Time With Family FAILED
It's gotten even worse now. I have my Simpsons Tapped Out account, THREE Clash of Clans accounts, and TWO Pokemon GO accounts. Haha. The funny thing is that I think the time spent with family has not diminished. In fact, it has increased! What has given way is the drinking. I really drink a lot less now. So much so that it does not take much to get me drunk anymore.

So.

5/5 failure.

I will either have to try harder with this year's resolutions, or set more realistic goals for myself in the year ahead.

Will come up with something soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment