Sunday, January 22, 2017

Resolutions 2017

This is super late, but I guess it is better late than never!

So Resolutions 2016 didn't go all that well yet again. See review here.

Nonetheless I will stick to some tangible resolutions to keep myself focused for the year ahead. One of the key things I have learnt from the office is to set out SMART goals.

Specific
Measurable
Ambitious
Realistic
Time-factored

Geddit?!

1) Have 6 Month's Pay In Cold, Hard Cash
Here we go. Yet again. And again. This time to further define it, it has to be in Savings, Current or Fixed Deposit accounts.

2) Achieve >20% Return On Key Investment Account
Rather than pursuing the dividend route, this year will be slightly new. I want to achieve at least 20% growth in my key investment account, this one being my Saxo account. It has a performance tracker so that makes things easy to track. I actually managed to achieve a 7.6% return last year after a really topsy turvy trading journey. With more discipline, this I might achieve.

3) Exercise Three Time A Week
This has gone up a notch even though I haven't been able to achieve twice a week for the last two years. I have to be more ambitious now because my health is deteriorating. My cholesterol is too high and I will have to bring it down. Hopefully it can be achieved, by jogging or swimming at least half hour each time.

4) Score At Least One Big Positive Life Achievement
I am keeping this resolution mainly because I failed at doing something significant last year. Once again, one positive life achievement is rather subjective but I hope to do something positively big. Change the world. Achieve something big in my life. It could be making a big difference to someone else's life. It could be a personal achievement like running a marathon, visit a new country or city for the very first time. It could be some big volunteer event. It could be something done together with the family. Anything.

5) Less Online Games, More Time With Family
This is another hard one. And its even harder this year, yet I feel it is doable. I currently maintain one Simpsons Tapped Out account, THREE Clash Of Clans accounts and TWO Pokemon GO accounts. That keeps me busy alright. On one had its a great hobby to have, but I will have to balance things out so that I'm not glued to my electronic devices all the time. It is also good that the wifey plays Pokemon GO like I do.

Ok, hope I can achieve all of them come year end!

No comments:

Post a Comment