Sunday, January 04, 2015

Resolutions 2015

Haven't given this that much hard thought as I did a year ago. Maybe because in the last few days I've been left feeling as though the more thought I put into it the more disappointed I feel when I don't achieve the desired outcome. And that's coming off maybe the worst non-fulfilled resolutions last year.

But anyway, here goes.

1) Have 6 Month's Pay In Cold, Hard Cash
It's a known fact that I throw too much money into various investments. So much so that I do not have sufficient rainy day funds. Henceforth this is something I am very hopeful of achieving. It won't be easy, by way of cash savings and resisting the temptation to commit funds into the next great idea, but it is about time I did this, and have it properly locked up somewhere in some untouchable account.

2) Achieve $500/mth Dividend Income Stream
This resolution is exactly the same as last year's. I have had an overall decrease in passive income stocks PLUS I didn't achieve even half of this target last year! So how am I gonna achieve it this year? Dunno. But setting an ambitious target is what resolutions are all about right?

3) Exercise Twice A Week
This is very ambitious as well considering that I am still recovering from my ACL surgery. However, at some point this first half of the year I hope to go back to playing my regular weekly Saturday futsal. Then all I need is to run my regular >5km run once a week to top that off. Meanwhile I'll just aim to run twice a week. Sounds totally doable right? Right?!

4) Spend Even More Time With Family
This being the only resolution I PASSED last year, I wish to top this off by spending even MORE time! I feel like the kids are growing up way too fast. The boy's in K1 and the girl's in PG2 already and before I know it they'd probably be shunning me like the plague for being uncool. And that will begin from primary school. So I have two more years to clock as much time as I can with them. Then I should spend more time pampering the wifey too. And of course, spending more time with my siblings and parents, who're not getting younger.

5) Maintain Social Circle
It's a known fact that the older we grow, the smaller our social circle shrinks. I guess what I want out of this year is simply to maintain my existing friendships with whatever close friends I have left. Hopefully I can establish a few new ones. At the end of the day there is a need to put in some effort and I guess it is high time I do my bit in this aspect. I have to be honest to say that this is the least prioritized of the 5 i have this year, but it is still something good to aim for.

And this is it! Hopefully when I look back at the end of this year, I can proudly say I achieved more than half of these tangible objectives.

No comments:

Post a Comment